Thursday, April 22, 2010

London update.

We have pretty much settled into our house now and starting to work out the local neighborhood. We are situated in inner east london, in a community that is multi-cultural to say the least. There is a big Bangladeshi community in our area, which means awesome and cheap food for us.

I have been looking for work. I am working as a vote counter in the UK general election for the next week and a bit just to pay this months rent. Then it looks like I may be starting work for a payroll company, which I am pretty happy about as the money is good, and its located close to Katie's work at Oxford Circus. Also means I will be able to cycle to work.

Speaking of cycling, I have been riding everywhere. London is a great city for cycling as its so flat, just gotta watch out for the crazy double decker buses.

I have footy training again tonight with the big match this weekend, the ANZAC cup. Its the only day of the year when the whole team is made up of Australians and apparently around 3000 people turn up to watch. Hopefully can kick a couple of sausage rolls.

Lastly, happy birthday to this big guy. I miss you. I will eat an eggplant parma in your honour this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment