Friday, April 30, 2010

Working.

Well, sorry for the lack of updates. In between being incredibly sick, I have been working as a vote counter in the UK election. This job is by far, THE worst job I have ever had. I sit in a classroom, and open envelopes, all day. I sometimes consider stabbing myself with the letter opener to make the day a little more interesting. On top of this, after tax and transport costs, I am taking home less than $60 a day. SCREW THE UK AND THEIR CRAPPY JOB MARKET AND EVEN MORE CRAPPY MINIMUM WAGE!!! 3 years of my life at university was quite obviously the best decision I have ever made..... (please read that last sentence in a sarcastic tone). One more day there and I have decided I am quitting. I could be focusing the 10 hours a day on finding a job that pays more than I earnt when I was 15!

On a positive note, I have had a couple of phone interviews this week. Fingers crossed they come through with the goods as these jobs sound a lot better.

Went to the Temper Trap / Sarah Blasko show last night but forgot my camera so heres a quick summary -

Temper Trap - get better every time I see them.
Sarah Blasko - still dances like a retard.

Going to see them again on Friday and have a few 'cure my sickness/drink myself into oblivion to try and cheer myself up' drinks at the after party. Other upcoming gigs I am going to are - The postelles, The antlers, Still Flyin, The national, and in June.... Glastonbury!

Thats all for now. Wish me luck in my job hunting. Hopefully my mad skillz will shine through to some budding recruiter. After all, I am smarter than Google. This chrome browser pulls up 'earnt' as a spelling error! Even I know thats a real word...

PS, I also know 'skillz' is not an actual word.

No comments:

Post a Comment