Monday, February 15, 2010

Tahoe House

So on Saturday morning I boarded the below bad boy and flew to LA.



Flying with V Australia was awesome. The food was really good (tops mashed potato), and the entertainment selection was the best I have ever seen on a plane. USB port to plug the ipod into was a nice touch as well.

When I got to LA it was about 7 hours to wait for my connecting flight to Reno, which was a complete pain in he butt. I ended up sleeping on the uncomfy LAX leather seats for a few hours (and drooling all over it). Then watching college basketball and drinking beer in one of the terminal bars.

The flight to Reno was pretty uneventful, the highlight being the amount of snow that could be viewed on the surrounding mountains.

Darragh picked me up at the airport and we went straight to Walmart. I was planning on living off 2 minute noodles over here but I forgot how cheap the food is here. Got all this (and more) for $30. God bless America and frozen meals.



And this! My advice to anyone back in Australia is to stock up on Dr. Pepper. They are advertising a 'new flavour' here in the states and I reckon it doesnt taste as good. Go and stock up on what you can get before the new stuff hits oz!



We got back to the apartment and relaxed for the evening. Its Presidents Weekend so we cant shred this weekend, so I thought I would put up a few pics of the apartment. The best bit about it is how cheap it is. Its costing less than $600 for the entire 6 weeks I am here. Stoked.

Darragh (drinking a protein shake from a jar) -



Kitchen -



Messy lounge - Will be less messy when our bedroom gets unlocked. Also note Ace Ventura on the TV.



View from the balcony -



Part of the bathroom -



More bathroom -



Its a pretty rad place and I'm gad I can call it home for the next 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment